Boost Your Immune System with Quality Sleep
March is National Sleep Awareness Month!
When it comes to your health (Mental, Emotional & Physical), sleep is the foundation of achieving an optimal performing immune system. Very ideal for the current COVID-19 pandemic.
More sleep is not the sole solution. It must be quality sleep.
So, what is quality sleep?
Quality sleep is limited movement, no snoring, and without wake-ups to go to the bathroom while getting the full 7 ½ hours of actual sleep.
Easier said than done for most but let me give you a couple pointers to help you to achieve quality sleep.
- To avoid having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, limit or exclude any fluids within 2 hours of when you would like to be asleep.
- Cut back on the electronics. Which means, turn off the TV, stay off your phone, tablet or computer (talking or browsing) and dim the lights. This should be done at least 1 hour prior to when you would like to be asleep.
- In addition to the prior mentioned, find an area in your home, away from the usual “chill” area. In this area is where you should relax, let-go, meditate, pray. Play some light jazz or something mellow without the lyrics. This should be done within that same hour prior to when you would like to be asleep
- Engage in the above regimen at the same time EVERY evening. Including the weekends. If you change your schedule, after following it for five “work” days, you will throw off the “programming”. Yes, you are technically programming your brain to learn a new pattern.
- Just like the above, you want to wake up around the same time every day, give or take 20 minutes.
If you engage in these habits regularly and consistently, not sparingly, you will start to notice how much easier it will be for you to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Track your sleep to learn about your patterns and to see the improvements. Optimize your sleep with the Oura Ring which will give you personal insights to empower your everyday. All Body Refined members receive an Oura Ring when they join the Lifestyle Management program. It’s the official Wellness & Sleep monitor for Body Refined (Article: Oura Ring: Why it’s the Official Wearable sleep, Activity and Stress Tracker for Body Refined).
Of course, there is more to boosting your immunity and guarding against illness than getting enough, quality sleep. It’s important to apply several other regular habits that the Body Refined Lifestyle Management program can help you with.
Schedule a Pre-Screening / Exploratory call (via the MINDBODY app) today to learn more. Use the Promo Code: SPRING2020